How to Apply
St. Edmund's Academy is now accepting new students on a rolling basis. Please contact the St. Edmund's Academy Admissions Office at 412.521.1907 x121 or x141 for specific grade openings and to schedule a personal tour.
- A parent visit: you may begin the Admission Process by calling the Admissions Office to arrange a personalized tour or by attending an Admissions Open House.
- A completed application: which includes official school transcripts, teacher recommendations, and a $50.00 non-refundable Application Fee.
- A student visit: Grades 1 - 8 visit for a full school day.
- Admission testing for students applying to:
- Preschool, PreKindergarten, and Kindergarten will be assessed for developmental readiness on a Saturday in January.
- Grade 1 students will be assessed for developmental readiness during their day visit.
- Grade 2 - 8 students will be given an Admission Test administered by the Admissions Office at St. Edmund's Academy on a Saturday in February.
- Preschool, PreKindergarten and Kindergarten students usually apply by mid-December, attend one of the assessment sessions in January, and receive notification letters in February.
- Grade 1 students usually apply by mid-December. Students visit for the day in January or February, and receive notification letters in March.
- Grade 2 - 8 students usually apply and visit in January and early February. Students attend the Admissions Testing date in February, and receive notification letters in March.
To view all the advantages that St. Edmund's Academy has to offer, please take a look at our:
Facts & Figures
Early Childhood Brochure
Admission decisions are based upon a combination of factors that include admissions testing, previous school records, report cards, standardized test results, teacher recommendations and our observations of the child. Important also are the information and observations that you, who know your child best, share with us. The goal in Admissions is to work closely with a family and with our faculty to ensure that each child will have the support and stimulation needed to flourish at St. Edmund's Academy.
Admissions decisions are based solely on the availability of space and strength of the match between the child and the school. Late and mid-year applications will be considered as space allows.
St. Edmund's Academy admits students that are prepared to complete the high school preparatory program without regard to race, creed, color, gender or national origin.